I’m pleased to announce that my friend Rebecca and I are going to be teaching a series of wildcrafted medicine classes in Los Angeles. First up: elderflowers!
The Wildcrafted Apothecary: A Herbal Medicine Class
Sunday, May 5, 1 ~ 4 pm
Los Angeles-area park (location provided to registered participants)
Elderflowers are blooming across Southern California! Learn how to gather them and make your own immune-boosting herbal elixir.
This class is a hands-on experience and includes:
• Wildcrafting: Learn how to confidently identify and ethically gather local elderflowers
• Tasting: Sip elderflower cordial, tea, and tincture
• Medicine making: Make your own elder elixir
• Herbal wisdom: We will discuss immune system basics, how herbalists treat viruses, and the difference between stimulating and relaxing diaphoretics
• Take-home goodies: You will receive an information packet with recipes and herbal guidance, a bag of elder tea, and the elixir you made!
No medicine cabinet should be without this.
$85 – includes organic/wildcrafted ingredients, supplies, and tastings
→ Register via PayPal: http://tinyurl.com/elderflowerclass
Class is limited to 15 participants.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
About the instructors:
Rebecca Altman is an herbalist, writer, and proprietor of King’s Road Apothecary, a modern twist on an old-fashioned apothecary shop. Rebecca also writes about food, herbs, travel, and magic at Cauldrons & Crockpots.
Emily Ho is a writer and educator. She writes about nature, culture, and food at Roots & Marvel and contributes to Apartment Therapy’s The Kitchn. Emily is also a Master Food Preserver and founder of LA Food Swap and Food Swap Network.
Cancellation policy: Rebecca Altman and Emily Ho reserve the right to cancel a class if necessary due to circumstances beyond our control or when enrollment is deemed insufficient. In this case, all payments will be refunded. Participant cancellations made up to one week prior to an event are eligible for a full refund less PayPal transaction fees incurred from both purchase and refund. Cancellations outside of this time frame are non-refundable. Class registration is transferable to another person if you are unable to attend. You must contact us to transfer your registration.