Preventing Food Waste
Today I had the pleasure of speaking to “The Healthy Beauty Show” on 1380 The Woman about ways to prevent food waste. This is a subject I’m not proud to say I have experience with, but years of overenthusiastic farmers’ market and foraging trips have taught me a thing or two about being more conscientious. Preventing food waste shouldn’t be about feeling guilty, but rather working towards more mindful eating practices. We can all take steps every day and continually work towards getting better.
If you’re looking for tips, I’ve written about food waste quite a bit over at The Kitchn:
• 6 Habits to Prevent Food Waste
• Conscientious Cook: Mindfulness about Waste
• Tip: Save Vegetable Scraps for Stock
• 5 Ways to Use Dried Citrus Peels
• American Wasteland by Jonathan Bloom (fantastic book!)
I’d love it if you shared your own tips in the comments here, too!